Don’t get caught up in the revenue race too early and ignore all the other KPIs that you would continue to monitor. I use the following KPIs to keep aligned with my growth goals.
My edutech startup @schoolio is about to finish our first year in the market. We had some ambitions goals to start the year in Jan,
- Double our revenue from 2020 (less than 100k)
- Grow our customer base (less than 500)
- Grow our advocate community
- Break into the US market
- Retain staff
- Raise seed round (250k)
And as I reflect on this list, the two that I am most proud of our #3 and #6 ❤️ – Here is where we stand as of mid-December,
- 2021 is over 300k
- 2500+ customers
- Grow our advocate community – the attached image is one of the 100s of supporters
- Waiting on the first US sale – we have an opt-in list of 200+ and growing
- Retain staff – the core team is still together
- Raise seed round (250k) – thanks to Virtus Capital Management
I am realizing in B2C that you can’t always predict WHEN the sale is going to happen, but if you focus on adding value and building the community around your brand – as soon as they are ready to purchase, you are the ONLY consideration! – that for me is the KPI that is important!